Monday, April 27, 2009

in a nutshell

My fascination with personality types, I believe, will quite possibly never die down. Every once in awhile I do a quick search for "Myers-Briggs Personality" online and soak in all the information I can!

Anyway, tonight I came across a very humorous but altogether very true collection of words that describes my personality type, an ENFP, in a nutshell.

It is as follows...

"outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy."

For those of you who know me... does this sound about right? If you're interested and know what type you are, leave it in the comments and I'll get you your description!

Love you all!

T

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think your site is correct because apparently I am "anti-tattoos" and I have ALWAYS wanted a tattoo. Yes, I did just put that out here for all the world to see. And it is true. Either your site it wrong, or I have still not found my true personality. I want a tattoo!!

taryn said...

Heather! A tattoo? You??

I don't think so.

Enlighten me, just WHAT would you get a tattoo of?

Kristi said...

Heather... you surprise me. :)

Taryn - It does sound like you except for a few words... I feel like the word risk taker, and dangerous doesn't really fall into your personality. You are my friends that stands by me because we dont like roller coasters. Otherwise I think it's dead on.

do me do me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Girls- Are we not friends? I have always wanted a tattoo. Actually, Taryn... I have been thinking of getting one that says, "Taryn is the most amazing person alive!" But then I realized that if you died then I would have to either a) get it removed (which I have heard is very painful) or b) find a new friend named Taryn (but the chances of finding another Taryn who spells her name the same and is just as amazing as you are....well, I didn't think it was likely). SO, at this point, no tattoo.

Seriously though, I do think tattoos can be cool. I've always thought that. And I have always wanted one, but I will never get one.

taryn said...

Kristi: ESTP

"content, emotionally stable, outgoing, social, group oriented, finisher, does not like to be alone, open, decisive, likes external praise, likes to be center of attention, frequently joking, adjusts easily, likes crowds, self confident, neutral moods, good at getting people to have fun, disorganized, messy, talented at presentation, not easily annoyed, does not like to be alone, enjoys crude jokes, likes to lead, likes sports, more likely to come off as masculine, risk taker, tends to dominate conversations, fearless, can handle criticism, hard to discourage."

taryn said...

Heather:

Even if I died, my legacy would live on.

So go ahead and get that tattoo.

Kelly said...

Taryn, I'd say that description fits you to a "t", no pun intended...well actually it was :)

What does it say about me?

Sincerely,

ISTJ

taryn said...

Ha! Thanks Kel. Here is you:

"responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, things rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working."