Thursday, November 03, 2005

Oh Baby

My sister-in-law, Melissa, and my brother, Tate, went into the hospital at 11 p.m. last night.

My mom has been spazzing out for days about Melissa having her baby, and so I'm glad the time finally came. Plus, I was super-excited to meet this little baby.

My parents, 2 sisters, and I all faithfully stayed at the hospital until the child was born... until 4 a.m.!!! Needless to say, I slept in the lounge on this couch that is around 1/3 the length of my body while my dad watched some TV show about "Concept Cars," and while my mom sat in with Tate and Melissa and my sisters were back and forth, being nosey and trying to gather every specific bit of information that they could about the current situation.

About 3, Tonya came into the lounge and told us, "She's born!"

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and wondering why I was sitting in a hospital.

We all got to see her and hold her... she's beautiful! Her name is Lola Mae- how cute is that? I'm so proud of their name-picking skills. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and was born on her due date! That figures. She is quite filled out, has chubby cheeks, light skin, big, darkish eyes, and reddish-blonde hair! RED! I'll post pictures soon.

I love being able to be a part of a baby's birth... it reminds me of God's everyday miracles. Babies are born all the time, so it's hard to imagine it as fascinating, but it really is. A new life arrived less than 24 hours ago and is now breathing and present in this world with us.

Psalm 139:14
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

Lola Mae... between Lola, Domniq, Sophia, Noah, Oliver, and Naomi you would think my family was going for an "old-fashioned" naming theme.

Love you all!

T

2 comments:

scott said...

congratulations!

megs said...

YAY FOR AUNTIE TARYN!!!