Monday, September 26, 2005

Guide

The most amazing thing happened this weekend.

I rode out to Taylor with the most fun people EVER to go on a road trip with: Heather Knobloch, Tricia Plattner, Tracy Zimmerman, and Jordan Schroeder. We laughed a lot. Actually, some of us laughed almost TOO much, because as Heather (probably correctly) assesed near the end of our journey yesterday, this comment being directed towards Trish, Tracy, and I, "You 3 laugh at so many things that AREN'T funny."

Yeah that's probably true, but laughing is my favorite, and it's a sign that I'm having a good time. I tend to laugh at everything. However, we need people like Heather and Jordan who only laugh at the things that are REALLY funny to stay level-headed and logical, and balance us out. So we were a good traveling team together, and managed to make some good memories.

That's not the point of my story, though. That's just me getting side-tracked.

So, we are in Taylor, about 5 minutes from our destination point, and my phone rings. I answer it, and it is my good friend Matt Knobloch.

He asked me what I was up to, then said, "Guess what I did last night?"

"What?!" I asked.

"I became a Christian," he replied.

Ok. Is that not the BEST news anyone could ever tell you? I was ecstatic!

He is repenting!

It made my whole weekend. I mean, being at Taylor was enough in itself, but this made it great before it even started!

For me, this was a huge answer to prayer! I LOVE it when God does that. It's so encouraging when God answers prayer like that... It is one of the best feelings when He does, especially when it means another soul has been touched and will live for Jesus! Yet, the praying doesn't stop here. Often times, one answered prayer leads to another opportunity to pray for someone in a different way!

God is so amazing in His ways, His timing, and His work. I love looking back over the past and seeing how God is so sovereign in everything that He does. So often, situations occur in my life where I am so caught up in the moment that I forget there is a time and purpose for everything that doesn't necessarily allign with the way I think it ought to be. Yet how comforting to know He sees the puzzle box picture, and He knows exactly how everything is going to piece together.

This weekend, we were given an acrynom G-U-I-D-E.
Go to God
Understand His Principles
Ivestigate your options
Discuss with others
Exercise your freedom

One thing the speaker really hit on was, "Live every day with God (as your guide)."

Amen!

The weekend in Taylor was a blessing, and I was happy to see so many people! What an awesome turnout there was!

I love you all,
T

p.s. I was looking around today, in need of some encouragement, and I found this. It seemed to flow with letting God by your guide... by letting the Holy Spirit live through you! Check it out!

1 comment:

taryn said...

Wow. Ok.

So... I know I'm commenting on my own post, but I'm just going to say that I just realized my post is a combination of Kristi and Luke's posts for today.

And just for the record... I was the one who posted FIRST in both cases. :-)

Funny when that happens, eh? God must want some things reinforced.

T