Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blizzard 2011

The Good News: the groundhog didn't see his shadow, meaning Spring is near. The Bad News: The groundhog is only right 38% of the time. It's been awhile since I was in school, but I do remember that this percentage is nowhere near successful.

Another piece of trivia: Central IL was hit with Blizzard 2011 last night. Last night began with me getting called into work 3 hours early. This was initially arranged so that the 2nd shift staff could get home in the horrific weather, but after she spent 20 minutes in the driveway trying to dig out her car, she came back inside and told us she was also staying the night. So my house had 2 third shifters last night.

We awoke at 6am and turned on the news. We had several inches of snow on the ground, and no one was getting anywhere. First shift called and obviously couldn't make it in right away, so I stuck around to help her out until about 8:30 when my dad finally got our vehicle out of our driveway and came to pick me up.

Upon arriving home, my parents and I ate blueberry-banana pancakes and then I bundled up to go outside and help shovel the driveway. After an hour, my cheeks were bright red and chapped. The very last thing I did was try to uncover my little car from the drifted snow. I gave up halfway through and let my dad finish the job.

The rest of my day included a hot bubble bath, work from home on my laptop, and watching sappy Disney movies on TV while pining after the acting career I never had.

Sometimes, I feel like I should have been an actress/singer. Not that I can do either one, but something within me calls to do it. Strange, eh? However, showbiz is one career in which it is hard to be much of a Christian witness. And besides, while entertainment is... well, entertaining, it is merely just that. Not a very profitable use of our time, so why endorse it with my life path? I think I'm satisfied with my line of work... capturing memories that will live on in timelessness.

Anyway, snow day 2011 is ending well. We're having my sister's family and kids over for pork roast tonight, and will try to find out some way for her to get rolling with her baby. She is due to have her little boy within the next few weeks and is progressing quickly. I told her tonight would be an excellent choice... the roads are more clear, and I'm off work! My presence is definitely required at the hospital since I'm the family photographer.

Well, that's a wrap. Enjoy the pic. Love you all! Stay warm...




T

No comments: