It has been exactly 2 weeks since I have posted. Could this be a record?
Anyway, the winner from 2 weeks ago is the green Volkswagen Beetle in honor of you all being correct for guessing it as my favorite car. (And, it's just the coolest of cools).
Well, I am extremely BLESSED to have gone on the trip down to Magdalena, Mexico over my spring break. I could not think of a better use of my time. It was an amazing trip with some AMAZING people, and a huge relationship-builder for me and many others. The Lord really blessed us with safe traveling, an organized trip, and good working weather. Today's Top Ten Tuesday is dedicated to my 10 most memorable parts of the trip.
1. Building a wall out of styrofoam jigsaw puzzle pieces in "Puzzle Land"
2. Being bucket scooper with Whitney and bucket lifter on the scaffolding, and having an arm hang contest with Stephanie on the scaffolding
3. "Sneaking" into town one night to get some authentically amazing Mexican food and running into the parents at our restaurant-of-choice- I split a potato-steak creation with Natalie and some cheese cake- unebelievably tasty!
4. Walking to the taco stand one night with Will and Prevo, proclaiming that I would not eat any tacos and ending up eating 2 tacos and a Coke
5. Going on a hike up a mountain and seeing a beautiful view, and finding some bones from a (cow?) I brought the coolest bone ever home with me. I think it's a femur.
6. Holding little Timmy and carrying him around on my shoulders.
7. Going into town and walking around Magdalena with the group one night, and buying ice cream in sugar cones and eating them by the fountain
8. "Pretending to sleep" as everyone from the mini van piled into the RV on our way home (the RV had a flat tire and the van had some trouble, aslo), and being delayed 4 hours and not getting home until 7:30 a.m. Sunday morning (but we had a fun group in the RV and an amazing bible study on Daniel's prayer)
9. Leading an aerobics session outside of a gas station for Leah and Natalie on the way home
10. Staying up during the whole 1-5 a.m. shift in the minivan and talking with Jenn the ENTIRE time, keeping our trusty driver awake (he drank a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew and 2 Red Bulls... we ended up making a few unscheduled stops of our own and then graciously caught up each time :)
So, my trip was amazing. A lot of great memories were made, and it evoked a wonderful re-focus in the hearts of a lot of us. You never know how truly blessed you really are until you go on a trip like this and "see God in the little things," as David Mariani successfully put in in a poem he read to us Thursday evening. That night, we went around and shared out prayer partners and something we learned from the week, and our theme for the week, "I will never be the same again," coated each of our responses.
I love you all!