Friday, July 09, 2010

Paintstricken

Well, here I am.

I'm currently sporting a paint-stained outfit. Less than an hour ago, Holly was giggling at my pants. Not because they are paint-stained, but because evidently the style was a little too much for her to handle. She asked my why I was wearing them. I told her they were my paint pants. She asked me if I ever wore them before. I said yes. She asked me how long ago. I told her, fairly recently. Within the past 2 years.

She was still giggling.

I promptly reminded her that I'm not one to be anything too mainstream in the way I dress. They are light-colored jeans, wide-legged, with no pockets in the back, and they have a hem of fuzzy material straight down the center of both pant legs. I actually regard them as some of my favorite pants I've owned.

Something tells me she was making fun of me. =) I can still remember the first time that I realized that my style is VERY different than most, and at that moment I became OK with it. I was shopping with my closest girl friends in Chicago, and I held up a t-shirt for one of my friends.

"Taryn," she told me, "That is borderline tacky."

I thought it was adorable.

And that's when I knew... I'm attracted to different things, and it's OK.

Ever since, I've embraced my uniqueness and live it out to the fullest. Maybe sometimes a little TOO much, but my friends and family are always there to reel me back in.

Anyway-- painting. We spent all day in our NEW office painting walls. Kristi and I are blessed to have AWESOME friends who have come for a couple of days now and helped us make some great progress. Today we accomplished everything that we wanted-- I am now fairly certain I could sand any plastered wall, climb to mountain-top heights with a paint roller, and do electrical work.

The color we picked might surprise some. It is actually taking everything within me to paint an office such a neutral color. If it was up to Kristi, she'd have the whole thing in black & white. I couldn't be anymore opposite. I love color, and I love combining colors. But in the end, we decided this office needs to upgrade to a certain "classy" feel that our current office lacks. Furthermore, we want to show off our work, not our walls. We can be artistic and creative in how we show off our images, and having a neutral background really helps that effort to pop.

SO. Also-- today at noon, we found out we won a contest that has been going on for a couple of days. Check out the details here.

Well, this is short and sweet, at least for me. But I have to make this a wrap. I'm covered in paint, and my social life for the weekend starts in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I'm going to hit the ground running and probably won't stop until Sunday evening at about 5pm. Sometimes I wish there was a "Pause" button on life so I could book a flight to Hawaii and take a day off. But, as I always say, I'd rather be busy than bored, and, well, looks like I have my wish.

Love you all!

T

No comments: