Saturday, July 17, 2010

Is It Fall Yet

The 6 in 5 is over. And I'm so ready for the break.

We have a month off, then pick back up the end of August and are shooting a wedding every weekend in September except Pumpkin Festival weekend.

Speaking of which, I'm already pumped for it. I love the summertime, but I am ready for it to cool off. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I spent the greater part of today outdoors on one of the hottest, most humid days of the summer.

Anyway, P Fest is always a high point in my life. In fact, I feel like the older I get, the more excited I become about it. Which makes very little sense, but all I can figure out is that my propensity to appreciate certain facets of this town festival is heightened as I grow older. It becomes more special.

I hope to run in the early-morning race on Saturday before the parade this year with my dad, brother-in-law, and nephews. Then, top it off with pumpkin pancakes. IA also hopes to have open doors during the week, allowing those who are passing by to stop in, say hello, and check us out. Our location will be a prime spot during the festivities. Furthermore, I am sure I'll eat my fill of pork chops, nachos and cheese, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, etc.

Not sure what the tangent on P Fest is all about... it's late. And I'm tired. My brain was quite possibly fried today. I've been up since 5:30 am. At 7am I was attending my very first RPM class at Gold's. It's a cycling class, and it's very challenging. I was out of breath and dripping with sweat by the time I left, as most people are. So I went home and showered. Then I hopped in my bug, drove to Peoria, and met my parents and their friends at One World for a cinnamon roll and smoothie. Then off to OSF to tour the brand new facility, arranged by our family friend and my brother-in-law's father, the administrator of the hospital. After an hour-and-a-half of touring, I stopped and grabbed some coffee, then headed home. Only to prepare for leaving to shoot a wedding. We arrived at our destination at 2:15 this afternoon, and were outside the rest of the day until 9pm. Let me tell you something. It was HOT and HUMID today. Kristi and I were literally drenched and dripping with sweat by the time it was all over. But it was a beautiful backyard wedding, and I loved the bright colors she used which were pink and orange. The food was also catered by one of our favorite caterers, so that was a nice perk.

So it's about time to wrap it up. I am excited to be in Morton church all day tomorrow and spend some time with family for birthday celebrations in the evening. Hooray for a lovely Sunday. Love you all.

T

No comments: