I love to write. I also enjoy supplying certain friends in my life with frequent "updates," usually sent over e-mail. Any excuse to write, and I'm there.
I have a particular friend who loves receiving these long-winded messages, and I appreciate her for that. She gives me a reason to continue to write in a free-spirited, story-like way. I can do this at times on my blog or when I write fictional stories, but often I feel inhibited when I know I'll be sharing it publicly. However, I know that with a close friend I can say pretty much anything that comes to mind, and at times, that can be entertaining at best but unpredictable and scary at worst.
Today's top ten will focus on 10 separate lines that have been extracted from some of my e-mails to her. Fortunately for you, you won't have the full context, but I'm hoping that will add a little bit of twist and excitement.
1. "A 4-year-old little girl who was absolutely precious and sang a song beautifully. I cried. She was adorable."
2. "Whoa! Did a movie star just walk into the building?"
3. "We had coffee, tea, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, licorice, and popcorn."
4. "Once I sent her a Cheese-It cracker in the mail that I taped to my letter (brilliant idea, Taryn) and by the time it got to her, it was crushed (obviously) and a huge mess, AND they had to pay extra postage."
5. "Anyway, I read these sappy Lori Wick books, and back in the day, writing letters was like the BOMB, the "cool" correspondence, the Facebook messages and e-mail forwards of today."
6. "He came over to my desk the other day and said, "Since the economy is so bad right now, Hollywood is having to cut back on their budget and is going to have to start making black & white films again."
7. "Three Things I would eat right now:
A cookie monster from Cheddar's
A chocolate molten cake from Chile's
A peanut butter chocolate dessert from buffalo wild wings"
8. "Shawn: You’re great. You know, I should take you golfing this afternoon. I love to be seen with younger women."
9. "Lady: Wow, I just want to take a bite of your banana, that looks so good to me right now.
Lady: You know, I used to work at a film festival, and we would have bananas there for all of the Hollywood stars. In the afternoon, they would take a banana break instead of a coke break."
10. “See, the neat thing about me is that I don’t snore.”
Vote for your favorite.
Love you all.