Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Way I See It #1

I started my morning in the dark hours of the dawn. Ever since I stopped working full-time at my job at the publishing company, I conveniently set my "wake up alarm" to 8 am. However, I do fill in when needed for the business, and they needed me today. So I was up at 5:25 am. Had to be there by 7.

It really wasn't too bad, actually. It's just that it's so dark out, and cold. So I decided that since my body has not seen hours so early for quite some time, that I should probably get some coffee. At Starbucks.

So I did, and it's a good thing that I did because it inspired me to add a new section to my blog.

Anyone who has ordered a cup of coffee from Starbucks may have seen the "The Way I See It" quotes on the cups. Or maybe you are an unobservant drinker and never really noticed those clever words hiding underneath the card board sleeve. Well, let me enlighten you.

"Sparking conversation In the tradition of coffee houses everywhere, Starbucks has always supported a good, healthy discussion. To get people talking, “The Way I See It” is a collection of thoughts, opinions and expressions provided by notable figures that now appear on our widely shared cups."

In case I never become a "notable figure," I'm just going to start my own "The Way I See It" section on my blog. Every week on any given day, I will post a "Way I See It" quote of my own, ready and open for discussion.

Today's TWISI is actually a steal from one source and an inspiration from another:
1. This thought was brought to the forefront of my mind upon watching this video initially posted on Rebekah's blog.
2. I actually first heard these words from Jerry Seinfeld's lips, so I can't take credit.

But it's a good point.

Here it is:

The Way I See It #1
IF the best man is actually "the best man," then why isn't the bride marrying him?

The way I see it, the groom should be "the best man" of the wedding. I mean, it's his day. He's the one who is to wed the beautiful bride. So what are we doing looking at his good pal or his closest brother and calling him the "best man?" It just doesn't really make sense to me. Actually, I am not so sure I'm real partial to the term "best man" as given to anyone in the wedding party. It doesn't seem fair. Like Jerry Seinfeld says, it should just be "The groom, and... a really good man."

Any other thoughts on this topic would be appreciated. I'm open for lively discussion. This is meant to be light-hearted and fun... so sit back, relax, have a sip of coffee, and share your thoughts. It's all about conversation-sparking.

Thanks for tuning in. Love you all.

Noteworthy: I am going to try real hard to resurrect the "Top Ten Tuesday" concept, as well. Keep coming back.

T

2 comments:

Tami said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm very honored that you read my blog! :) As for Called to Worship, it's at the NCHS...the high school right beside Bloomington Church. It'll be great to see you there!
As for the video...honestly, it's the worst video I've ever made but considering, I only had 1.5 hours from start to finish of finding the pictures to burning the disc, I'm going to just have to be okay with it. So, you'll have to watch it with a HUGE grain of salt!!!

Anonymous said...

you are the most arbitrary person i know and i love you for that.

i never thought about the best man title. i'm not much for titles so they can call him whatever they want ...just as long as he doesn't push me into a pool. i'll admit, it's funny. not dying over it, but i did laugh.