Last night, I was craving a big bowl of popcorn. My general rule of thumb is that I only like to enjoy popcorn as a treat when I watch a movie. Seeing as it was the coldest day of the year and I had spent all of it inside my warm toasty house, why not wrap up in a blanket and have a movie night?
That's precisely what I did. Sometimes, I feel light-hearted, happy-go-lucky, and I just want to laugh, so I'll pick a comedy. Other times, I'd rather learn something about history or watch something that is going to enlighten me, but last night I felt like it would be ok to have a good cry. And let's be honest-- not matter how strong I'm feeling in the beginning, I know I can't control the flood when it comes. So when I chose "Steel Magnolias" as the movie of choice, I knew I'd be crying by the end of it. And I was.
Yet that's not the point right now. The relevance it has to this post is that I am going to pick my 5 favorite quotes from that movie and list them for today's Friday's Favorite.
1. "Smile! It increases your face value." (Truvy)
2. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." (Truvy)
3. "I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years!" (Ouiser)
4. "Oh, Sammy's so confused he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt." (Truvy)
5. "Well, I'm sorry, Sammy. But I am not about to spend the next fifty years of my life with someone I'm not gonna run into in the hereafter." (Annelle)
Vote for your favorite.
Love you all.