One of the main reasons I am writing this Top Ten is because otherwise, I will get a furious e-mail from my most avid top-ten-tuesday reader demanding that I post something. So I better beat her to the chase before she sends me a log of how many times she has pushed "refresh" on my blog (which last time was close to 100). Reader- you know who you are.
Today's Top Ten is about Thanksgiving dinner (because I'm really hungry right now). You have to pick the one food item that you wouldn't mind EXCLUDING from the meal on Thanksgiving day if you had to pick one. Remember that you can always come back for seconds or thirds, so choose wisely. I mean, this IS Thanksgiving dinner and all, it's the one time that it's socially acceptable to eat as much as you want!
When you're done with that, then pick the one item that if it was the ONLY thing you could eat on Thanksgiving Day, you would choose.
2. Mashed potatoes and gravy
3. Big, warm, cinnamon rolls with icing
4. Fruit salad (made with YOUR favorite fruit and topped with whipped cream)
5. Vegetables (broccoli with melted cheese, buttery corn, and salad)
6. A cold pasta salad (your favorite recipe)
7. Homemade pumpkin pie with whipped topping and Grandma's warm Apple Crisp with an ice cream scoop drizzled with caramel
9. Your favorite coffee blend
10. Silverware to eat the food with (I know that obviously this isn't a food item, but I needed another obvious "keeper" because I'm running out of ideas. If any of you choose this option, I'm coming to your house and stealing all of your silverware on Thanksgiving Day because I want to see how you think you could pull this off.)
Love you all, and we have much to be thankful for! God Bless, T