Monday, September 13, 2010

Review

Wearing a mustard yellow dress and a camera strapped around my neck, this weekend I was both wedding photographer and brides maid. I pulled it off because I have a business partner who is a great wedding photographer, with or without me. The moments with me were a welcome break to her, but the moments without still turned out nicely.

It was a lovely wedding and a wonderful day. And I'm not just saying that because my good friend got married and it's my duty. It is all true-- my friend was a beautiful bride, inside and out. The style and details of the wedding was so "her," and everything ran smoothly. I was honored to be a part of this special day on Saturday.

Below are a couple pictures I snagged from our IA Facebook page to share with you... check our IA blog or website for more (tomorrow):




On Sunday morning, I attended an adult Sunday School class. It is something new that our church is offering. I am signed up to be in this class for the next 4 weeks with around 20 other individuals, and our teacher is a man in our church who recently lost his wife to lung cancer. His topic is Heaven.

Needless to say, the first session was a tearjerker. His interest in the topic paired with his passion for Christ and his ability to teach is going to make this class fantastic. I can't wait to see what God continue to teach us all about Heaven. He made a good point to us all: when we plan a week-long vacation, we usually do research. We're going to a new place, and we want to know all about it before we go. Fair enough. But. Are we researching with the same vigor regarding our eternal destination? A vacation lasts a week, but your final retreat after death is a forever place. Are we interested in the details, or do we just take for granted what we think we know about it? I am anxious to learn more!

Pumpkin Festival starts in about 48 hours. IA is finally coming along. Today we made great progress. I have spent about 14 out of 16 of my waking hours today at the office, but it's all been worth it. I can't wait to have our doors open to the P Fest crowd. My to-do list for the festival is as follows, despite the fact I'll be in this office for most of it:
1) Eat an elephant ear.
2) Drink a lemonade shake-up.
3) Eat a meal in the food tent.
4) Ride the Ferris Wheel.
5) Attend the parade.

If I get all that done, I'll be happy.

Tonight, during about an hour and a half of the time I wasn't at the office, I attended my small group bible study. We're studying Philippians. I really love my group. I am by far the youngest. There are 4 other couples and then another single older lady, and then me :) But I love it. I feel like I have so much to learn from the older and wiser, and the more I can surround myself with those type of people, the better.

Upon arrival tonight, the leader of the group looked at me and said, "Taryn, do you realize you are the most important person here?"

Speaking with sarcasm, I answered, "Of course. But does everyone else realize it?"

He laughed. "Really, though," he said, "You're the youngest one here. We have a lot to learn from you."

Someone else nodded.

"I think it's the other way around," I told him.

Well, kids. I better sign off. I need to get home, eat a bowl of cereal, and get some sleep before starting another busy day. Love you all. I'll end with a picture of the San Fransisco skyline I took while in CA this August. A bit random, but just got done editing the rest of my CA trip pictures tonight, and I liked this one.



T

No comments: